At Audiu, we’ve been enabling musicians and producers to get professional technical and creative advice on their music since 2014. Our vetted Pros from across the music industry (including artists, engineers and label reps) offer detailed feedback, often alongside mixing, mastering and other services and have helped 1000s of artists take the next step; improving skills, building confidence and opening doors.
Last week we finished work on our first free, community based tool to facilitate quality feedback between artists: the Feedback Stream. With this feature we wanted to build a fair, fun and rewarding way for artists to receive feedback from each other. Here’s how it works:
The Feedback Stream
- Listen to a customised stream of new music from active Audiu artists based on your genre preferences.
- Leave constructive comments / feedback and categorised ratings using our intuitive tools.
- If the original artist (or anyone else) finds your comment useful, they’ll upvote it, earning you Rep Points.
- The higher your Rep Score, the more your music will appear in other members’ streams, leading to more constructive feedback for you.
- Top contributors can take part in leaderboards, have their profiles and tracks featured on the Audiu platform/social channels and win fantastic prizes.
The Feedback Stream is only in its second week of operation but the system seems to be working well. The Reddit-style voting system rewards those who contribute in a meaningful way and discourages unhelpful comments. Hundreds of artists have got involved by contributing their own insights and benefited from the advice received.
We’d love for you to give it a try and let us know what you think!
Audiu is an artist-to-artist platform which enables musicians and producers to:
- Host, organise and share music with advanced access controls
- Organise audio into projects with version control and progress tracking.
- Discover, network and collaborate with other likeminded artists
- Access pro feedback and other pro audio services
- Get involved in community features such as the Feedback Stream
- Mobile app on the way! (Q1 2017)
We’re delighted to be working with TuneCore to offer our members the opportunity to get their music out to the world.